PUNJAB GOVT. GAZ., JULY 23, 1999 (SRVN 1, 1921 SAKA) 271
Government of Punjab
Department of Finance
(Directorate of Lotteries)
The 16th November, 1999
No. G.S.R. 57/C.A.17/98/Ss. 5 and 12/99:- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 12 read with section 5 of the Lotteries (Regulation) Act, 1998 (Central Act 17 of 1998), and all other powers enabling him in this behalf, the Governor of Punjab is pleased to make the following rules further to amend the Punjab State Lottery Rules, 1998:-
- The rules are:
- These rules may be called the Punjab State Lottery (First Amendment)Rules, 1997
- They shall come into force on and with effect from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- In the Punjab State Lottery Rules, 1978 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 2, the existing clause (a) shall be renumbered as clause (aa) and the following clause shall be inserted before clause (aa) as so re-numbered, namely:-
"(a)" "Act means the Lotteries (Regulation) Act, 1998"
- In the said rules after rule 6, the following rules shall be inserted, namely:-
- "6.A.: Conducting or organizing etc. of lotteries by other States:-
(1) Any other State may, sell its lottery tickets in the State of Punjab after satisfying the State Government that the lottery tickets sold by them are in consonance with the provisions of the Act.
(2) Before selling the lottery tickets, the State of Punjab the other concerned State, shall satisfy the State Government by supplying relevant record and Information. The State Government may also call for any additional record or information, if it is so needed to satisfy itself.
- "6.B.: Prohibition of conducting or organizing etc. of lottery of other State:- The State Government either suo-moto or on a complaint received from any person, may within the State of Punjab prohibit the sale of tickets of a lottery,organized or conducted or promoted by other State, if it is satisfied that the lottery organized or conducted or promoted by other State, is being run in contravention of the provisions of the Act.
Principal Secretary to the
Government of Punjab,
Department of Finance