PUNJAB GOVT GAZ., (EXTRA), JAN 18, 2008 79
(PAUSA 28, 1929 SAKA)
Government of Punjab
Department of Finance
(Directorate of Lotteries)
The 14th January, 2008.
No. G.S.R. 8/C.A.17/98/S.12/Amd,(4)/2008,--- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 12 of the Lotteries (Regulation) Act,1998 (Central Act 17 of 1998), and all other powers enabling him in this behalf, the Governor of Punjab is pleased to make the following rules further to amend the Punjab State Lotteries Rules, 1998, namely:-
- These rules may be called the Punjab State Lotteries (First Amendment) Rules, 2008.
- They shall come into force on and with effect from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- In the Punjab State Lotteries Rules, 1998 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 9, for the sign " ; " occurring at the end, the sign ";" shall be substituted and the following proviso shall be added thereto, namely:-
- "Provided that where the agent is marketing the tickets of more than one Super Set for the Government, and wants to stop the marketing of tickets at his own will, then first of all, he shall have to surrender the marketing of the tickets of the Super Set, being operated by him, at the lowest rate, at that time and then of the next lowest and so on, in that order."
- In the said rules, in rule 11, in sub-rule (3), for the existing provisos, the following provisos shall be substituted, namely:-
- "Provided that the Director may after the expiry of the aforesaid period of thirty days, but not exceeding 'ninety days', disburse the prize amount to a prize winner on his application, for reasons, to be recorded in writing ;
Provided further that the State Government after the expiry of a period of ninety days, but not exceeding one hundred and eighty days, disburse the prize amount to a prize winner on his application, for reasons, to be recorded in writing."
- In the said rules, in rule 19, for the words "three years", the words, "one year" shall be substituted.
Principal secretary to the Government of Punjab,
Department of Finance.